Thursday, September 23, 2004

rain in me

Why does the atmosphere brings along the chillness out of a sudden when it's supposed to be sunny? I stutter and froze in the middle of the road, ignoring oncoming vehicles that were honking out loud and flashing their headlights. Perils of a road accident did not affect me one bit. I stood there with an empty mind holding nothing but just with an unexpected reply. As I regained some control over my legs again, I began to take steps heading home. Step by step I took slowly taking my own time, while holding my jacket around me tightly and eyes fixed to the wet, cold and hard ground. Still no voices to be heard. My steps are getting heavier and slower. I paused for a moment and turn my head sideways. From the corner of my eye, I looked at the very spot. She is no longer there. I share the silence of the night with myself alone that night.