Sunday, March 21, 2004

Voting Day

Today's my first voting day. The information that I've got from some pamphlets directs me to Sekolah Kebangsaan Taman Midah. I brave myself to go under the hot tormenting sun. I reached my destination. I proceeded to check for my registration. It seems that all of the SPR officers are using notebooks to conduct this registration checking. Hmm. What I've noticed is, there is no internet connection whatsoever. Probably they copied a whole copy of database in relation to their area into each and every notebook they used.

Ahem! (embarassing). Apparently, I went to the wrong school. The officer told me I'm supposed to be at Sekolah Kebangsaan Taman Midah 2. Aikz. I should have known better.

In a short while I reach that school and proceeded to check for my registration. Subsequently going to the correct classroom and cast my vote. The fun is short lived when I took the pencil and place my signature X mark. Well that's it. It's done. There's that. Completed. Finished. Time to go home. I've done my responsibility as a citizen.

Now that I'm back, I'm submitting myself in an air-conditioning room to mitigate the heat that is taking its place lately. Gosh. Sometimes I just miss UK's weather no matter what the brits have to say about that. I know, that in fact, they think of the direct opposite.

We'll just have to wait for tonight when we gather at the living room of our house and stick to the TV for the results. It won't be that exciting coz the results will not be as dramatic as Taiwan's. That feller won by a tiny weeny short margin. Ludicrous! Nuff said.