Sunday, December 17, 2006

Milestone

Early October 2006, would be a milestone in my life. It was when I made my first huge commitment which I made the decision to purchase my first apartment. I am therefore now saddled with a 6 figure sum of loan.

Life has been a rollercoaster of late. Hopes and despairs took turn to cloud the mind. Strings were pulled at the top, promises were told and then took back, flimsy excuses were brought to justify the situation, and finally the bottom line emerges from the surface after a dilly dally of two months. It was one which came with conditions, and explicitly detailed and explained to me. At that point of time, I was too unhappy, depressed and the situation was debilitating me for each and every passing day. So I had triggered my 'joker' card unknowingly. That being said, I knew it was a make or break point which I still pursued on because then, I was prepared and ready to become just a statistic in their turnover rate.

One of the conditions involves a paycut. The second condition would be to accept a less lucrative career path. And the third, well, let's say sacrifices need to be made.